The first time I had Zucchini Bread was a few years ago; a friend from work got a loaf in a care package from him mom. I’m a recovering picky eater, so I was kind of leery at first. Until pretty recently the only vegetables I ate were broccoli, cauliflower, carrots and lettuce (if it was slathered in Ranch). I gave it a shot and was amazed at how moist and yummy it was. I’ve been hooked since.
One day I stumbled upon a recipe for Chocolate Zucchini Bread & everything is better with chocolate. Right? I make this pretty regularly. We call it Chocolate Zucchini cake in our house & sometimes we might even put frosting on it if there is some left over in the fridge. Yes gluttony at its finest.
If you have zucchini in your fridge & your looking for something to do, I highly recommend giving this a shot. Not only is it GOOD but it is easy.
2 oz of unsweetened chocolate, melted ( 2 squares of Baker’s Chocolate)
2 cups sugar
1 cup canola oil
2 cups grated zucchini, approximately 2 large zucchinis
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3/4 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease the bottom and sides of a loaf pan.
2. Grate zucchini and set aside.
3. In a small bowl whisk together the dry ingredients, flour, baking soda, salt, & cinnamon
4. Melt Chocolate in the microwave
5. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer on medium speed combine mix the chocolate, eggs, sugar, oil, vanilla & zucchini.
6. Stir in the flour mixture. Mix until all ingredients are combined.
7. Fold in the chocolate chips.
8. Bake for 60-70 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean.
9. Let cool and enjoy, with or with out frosting 🙂