If you love chocolate and love butterscotch you have to try these cookies. WARNING it’s hard to eat just one of these cookies.
The boyfriend loves butterscotch and normally he requests butterscotch brownies. This time he really wasn’t “feeling” brownies. I guess it was more of a cookie kind of day.
So I made these soft & gooey bites of pure chocolatey, butterscotchy (is that a word) goodness. They Have a crispy edge with a super soft inside.
Substituting white chocolate chips, mint chips, dark chocolate chips, or peanut butter chips for the butte scotch chips would be a fabulous variation for these cookies.
Here’s the recipe:
Double Chocolate Buterscotch Cookies
Crispy on the outside, gooey on the inside chocolate butterscotch cookies
1 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
2/3 cup baking cocoa
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup butter scotch chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt.
- Slowly add flour mixture to butter mixture.
- Fold in the chips
- Cover and refrigerate dough for 1 hour.
- Spoon or scoop 2 inches. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the edges are firm.
- Cool on wire racks.
Recipe adapted from www.allrecipes.com