I shared this Pina Colada pie recipe over at Miss Information a few weeks ago. If you haven’t checked out Kelley’s blog you should make your way over; it’s full of great recipes and crafts. I’m tired, head achy and slightly grumpy this week. Perfect time for a repost, if you ask me
This is really easy to make. And what’s not to love about a cream cheese & pineapple filling sitting in a coconut pie crust. Can you say YUM!?
For the crust:
3 cups shredded coconut
1/3 cup melted butter
For the filling:
2 tablespoons gelatin
1/2 cup cold water
8 oz cream cheese
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 pineapple juice
10 oz pineapple chunks
8 oz whipped cream topping
1/3 toasted coconut
To make the crust:
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F
- In a bowl, combine coconut and melted butter
- Press the mixture into a 9 inch pie pan
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until coconut is toasted
- Allow crust to cool before filling
To make the filling:
1. Sprinkle gelatin over the cold water in a small sauce pan. Heat until gelatin is dissolved & set aside.
2. Beat cream cheese and sugar together until smooth.
3. Add gelatin and pineapple juice. Mix until smooth.
4. Refrigerate the mixture for 5 minutes, or until it has thickened.
5. Fold in pineapple & whipped cream topping.
6. Pour filling into pie crust. Top with whipped cream topping & toasted coconut.
7. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours, until set.
This pie is a keeper. I have made it a couple of times since the original post. My only change was be to add more pineapple chunks . I love pineapple & want more per bite.
If you would like to keep updated on all the happens at DJ’s Sugar Shack please be sure to “like” me on Facebook!
I will be linking to these wonderful blogs this week:
Just Something I Whipped Up, Market Yourself Monday , Things that make you say “mmmm”, The Gunny Sack Making you Crave Monday, Mouth Watering Monday, Tip Me Tuesday, Tea Party Tuesday, Crazy Sweet Tuesdays, Tempt My Tummy Tuesday, Totally Tasty Tuesday, Trick or Treat Tuesday, Cupcake Tuesday, It’s a Blog Party, Sugar and Spice and Everything Nice, Linking with Lil Luna, Cast Party Wednesday, Wow Me Wednesday, Mrs Foxs Sweet Party. What’s Cooking Wednesday, Midweek Fiesta, Whatever Goes Wednesdays, Overflowing with Creativity, Made By Me Wednesdays, Strut Your Stuff, Sweet Temptations, Tastetastic Thursday, Sweet Treats Thursday, Creative Juice Thursday, Feature Yourself Friday, Foodie Friday, I’m Lovin’ it Friday, Sweet Tooth Friday, Weekend Wrap Up, Fusion Friday, Food Friday, Sweets For a Saturday, Kitchen Fun & Crafty Friday, Freestyle Friday, Anything Goes Linky, Sweet Saturday, Show and Tell Saturday, fun Stuff Fridays, Scrumptious Sunday, Sweet & Simple Sunday, Show Me What You Got, Open Call Tuesdays, Creative Thursday, Sleepy But Sassy, Its a Keeper Thursday, Thursday Treasures, Printabelle , Beautify It Monday, Manic Monday Heavenly Treats Sunday, Anything Goes, Fantabulous Friday, My Sweet Party , Show Your Stuff, Wonderful Wednesdays
This post was featured here: