WOW it has been a crazy couple of weeks here. Last week I was up to my eyeballs in powdered sugar. I made desserts for a few different events; stay tuned. I hope to post them soon.
In the midst of all the chaos, Dawn, from Addicted to Recipes, awarded DJ’s Sugar Shack the Sunshine Award & Debra Ann From Granny’s Down Home Southern Cooking passed on the Versatile Blogger Award to me.
I finally was able to write about the Sunshine Award here, if you care to check it out & it was time to brainstorm and narrow down what was left of my very large list of favorite blogs to pass the Versatile Blogger Award onto.
Then yesterday I saw that Julie from White Lights on Wednesday also gave me the Versatile Blogger award too! ***scratch her off the list***
Thanks so much ladies! I’ve only been blogging for a little over 6 months & I’m truly amazed by all all the love my treats have gotten. I still find it hard to believe that anyone actually reads my posts. Ok I know many of you just look at the pictures and scroll to the recipes but I’m cool with that.
So thanks to every one for all of your support!!
If you get the award here’s what you have to do:
1. Thank the person that gave you the award in a blog post & link back to their blog
2.. Pass the award on to 15 bloggers you follow
3. Include 7 random things about yourself in your post
4. Notify your nominees by leaving a comment on their blog
So here goes 7 random facts about myself:
1. There is almost always a tub of left over icing or cookie dough in my fridge.
2. When I was 2, I got lost in Disney World while I was there with my Grandmother & Aunt.
3. I love to travel but flying scares the daylights out of me. Thankfully some really smart chemist developed Xanax & then there is the power of vino.
4. When I first started driving, at the ripe age of 15, I got in two accidents in two weeks. I swore I’d never drive again.
5. I’ve driven my little Ford Ranger from New Orleans to Alaska, back to New Orleans & back to Alaska. I still have that truck today & it’s for sale to the highest bidder.
6. I once
stole rescued my high school boyfriend’s neighbor’s dog, because they were abusing/ neglecting her. I don’t think they even realized she was gone. From that day on she was one of the happiest, most grateful dog you’d ever meet.
7. The other day while I was drafting a blog post for Whatcha” Whipped Up Wednesday ( like that shameless plug?) I heard something coming up the stairs to out back deck and saw this guy climbing over the gate. I freaking LOVE Alaska in the summer!!
Now onto the blogs I’m passing the Versatile Blogger Award onto:
- Brandy’s Baking
- Bake It with Booze
- The Seven Year Cottage
- Morena’s Corner
- Hi! Its Jilly
- Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- What’s Cooking in the Burbs
- Busy Vegetarian Mom
- Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Hot Eats & Cool Reads
- Crazed in the Kitchen
- Mental Chew
- Oh, Bite It
- What’s Cooking Love
Thanks again to Dawn, Debra Ann & Julie!!!
If you would like to keep updated on all the happens at DJ’s Sugar Shack please be sure to “like” me on Facebook!