I am amazed every day by all the bloggy love DJ’s Sugar Shack has gotten since I started blogging in December. I never imagined that anyone other than my mom would read my ramblings about baking. She’s my biggest fan:) But since then my treats have been featured 13 times on 9 different blogs & this morning I found out that Addicted to Recipes nominated me for The Versatile Blogger Award! It is so nice to be recognized by people who share the same passion as I do. *sniff* * tears of joy*
Once nominated for the award, the blogger gets to pass it along to 15 of their favorite blogs! What a cool way to show other bloggers how much you appreciate their work and introduce bloggers to new blogs. I love it! I have discovered so many FABULOUS blogs over the past few months & narrowing my list down to 15 was more difficult than I expected.
I am passing this award onto the following awesome blogs:
10. Life is Sweets
12. Cajun Sugar Pie
14. Not so Homemade
15. Bringing Beauty
I am also supposed to share 7 random things about myself. Here goes:
1. I was born and raised in New Orleans. I moved to Alaska after college & I love it here despite the frigid winters.
2. I’m a only child & only grandchild. Translation…SPOILED ROTTEN. I’m not afraid to own it.
3. I have a very needy, tubby cat named Luna, (short for Lunatic) & and an even needier 105 lb American Bulldog, named Boozer, who thinks he is the size of a Chihuahua. They both crack me up daily.
4. As much as I love to bake, given the choice between a cupcake and a large bag of chips, I would take the chips every time. I would also eat the entire bag at once. We don’t keep chips in our house for this very reason.
5. I work at the biggest ski resort in Alaska, Alyeska Resort. If you are ever near Anchorage, Alaska be sure to check it out. Even if you not a skier you can ride the tram and get some spectacular views. We are having a record breaking snow year this year with nearly 800 inches of snow since November.
6. The first concert I went to was Madonna and The Beastie Boys were the opening act. I was in the 5th grade. Thanks mom for taking me!
7. Last but not least… I have the best boyfriend in the world even if he does drive me absolutely batty sometimes. If you tell him I said that I will deny it; we wouldn’t want him to get a big head:)
Another big thanks to Addicted To Recipes for passing this award on to me:) If you haven’t already checked out the blog make sure to do so. There are so many delicious recipes to check out. I have a couple on my to-do list right now.
If you were nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award please follow these rules:
1. Thank the person that gave you the award in a blog post.
2. Include a link to their blog in your post.
3. Pass the award on to 15 bloggers you follow
4. Include 7 random things about yourself in your post
5. Notify your nominees by leaving a comment on their blog