It seems as though I’m on a bit of a cookie kick these days. I keep saying that I’m looking for new recipes for holiday baking, but the truth is I just like to eat cookies. Unfortunately, I live with a bit of a “cookie monster” and cookies always go so fast around here that I don’t get to eat too many. That was definitely the case with these Caramel Apple Pie Cookies.
These appley, cinnamonny cookies are stuffed with gobs of caramel. mmmmm…caramel…
To save on time, I used a microwave caramel recipe that I found at The Yummy Life. In just 6 minutes, it makes a delicious, soft caramel that is perfect for stuffing a cookie. Give it a try; I dare you:)
Caramel Apple Pie Cookies
Delicious apple cinnamon cookies stuffed with caramel. This perfect is perfect for the holiday baking season.
2 1/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup diced apple
3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 bag of soft caramel candies or your favorite caramel recipe
1 tablespoon of sugar
1 tablespoon of cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In a small bowl toss diced apples with 1 tablespoon of the flour and 1 tablespoon of cinnamon. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer cream the butter, sugar and brown sugar together until smooth.
- Add the egg and vanilla & continue to beat until incorporated.
- On low speed, add the flour mixture one cup at a time until just mixed.
- Mix in the apples.
- Chill dough for 30 minutes.
- Using a large spoon, scoop out about 1heaping tablespoon of dough; stuff caramel into the center of the dough. Roll dough into a ball around the caramel. Place 2 inches apart on parchment lined baking sheet.
- In a ramekin, combine 1 tablespoon of sugar and 1 tablespoon. Sprinkle mixture over cookies.
- Bake for 15- 20 minutes, until golden brown
- Let cool on wire rack.
Recipe adapted from www.sweetpeaskitchen.com
Recipe adapted from Sweet Pea’s Kitchen