Do your plans for Valentine’s Day include a quiet dinner at home with your sweetie?
Do you want to make an easy & chocolatey sweet treat without having a ton of left overs that you will end up
eating giving away?
Look no further; these chocolate cupcakes are the dessert for you!
When I found this recipe at An Edible Mosaic, I was a bit leery to try it. I haven’t had much success with egg-less or vegan recipes in the past. I’m so very happy that I decided to give these cupcakes a shot. They might be one of the BEST chocolate cupcakes I have ever had. They are extremely moist and rich.
My version of these cupcakes are not vegan but if you would like to make them vegan simply swap the milk in the recipe with the vegan milk of your choice.
Since I almost always have left over frosting in the fridge, I topped these with butter cream that I had on hand. Feel free to top with your favorite homemade or canned ( I wont judge) frosting.
If you would like to keep updated on all the happenings at DJ’s Sugar Shack please be sure to “like” me on Facebook!
Chocolate Cupcakes for Two
This recipe make two very moist and extremely rich chocolate cupcakes. Perfect for any intimate dinner or satisfying your sweet tooth.
3 Tablespoons flour
2 Tablespoons sugar
1 Tablespoon natural unsweetened cocoa powder, DO NOT USE Dutch-processed cocoa
1/8 Teaspoon + 1/16 teaspoon baking soda
1/16 Teaspoon salt
1/16 Teaspoon instant coffee or espresso powder
3 Tablespoon milk
1 Tablespoon canola oil
1/2 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake pan with 2 liners.
- In a small bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, salt and instant coffee.
- Add the milk, oil and vanilla extract. Mix just enough to combine.
- Spoon equal amounts of batter into the cupcake liners.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center come out clean.
- Let cool before topping with your favorite frosting.